What Information We Collect
We may collect information from and about you, including information that you provide, and automatically collected information.
Information You Provide
When you create an account, upload content, contact us directly, or otherwise use the Platform, you may provide some or all of the following information:
Account and profile information, such as name, email, phone number, and profile image.
- Account and profile information, such as name, email, phone number, and profile image.
- User-generated content, including comments & photographs, that you choose to upload to the Platform (“User Content”) and the associated metadata, such as when, where, and by whom the content was created.
- Messages, which include information you provide when you receive text messages from Donate2Support. That information includes the content of the message and information about the message, such as when it was sent, received, or read, and message participants. Information, including text, images, and videos, found in your device’s clipboard, with your permission.
- Information in correspondence you send to us, including when you contact us for support.
- Users upload contacts to our servers, via their device’s contact list or manually using the mobile app and/or the website’s /Invite page, for purposes of contacting them regarding your fundraiser. They assert they have permission to share as covered in the Terms and Conditions.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), and cookies.
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through or upload to our Platform.
- Location Data. We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address.
How We Use Your Information
As explained below, we use your information to improve, support and administer the Platform, to allow you to use its functionalities, and to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions via app notifications, promote the Platform, and customize your app experience.We generally use the info we collect:
- To fulfill requests for Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes.
- To customize the content you see when you use the Platform.
- To improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development.
- To make suggestions and provide a customized app experience.
- To use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform.
- To understand how you use the Platform, including across your devices.
- To promote the safety and security of the Platform, including by scanning, analyzing, and reviewing User Content, messages and associated metadata for violations of our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, or other conditions and policies.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services.
- To announce you as a winner of our contests or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes.
- To combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
- To facilitate invites, donations, and promotion to provide user support.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust. Donate2Support WILL NOT sell your personal information or share your personal information with third parties.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We share the categories of personal information listed above with service providers and business partners to help us perform business operations and for business purposes, including payment processing, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, sending communications, advertising and marketing services, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, and data processing. These service providers and business partners may include:
- Payment processors and transaction fulfillment providers, who may receive the information you provide, including, in particular, the following third-party payment provider/processor: Stripe (https://stripe.com/en-ie/privacy).
- Customer and technical support providers, who may receive the information you provide, information from other sources, and automatically collected information.
Within Our Company
As a national company, the Platform is supported by certain entities within our corporate group, which are given limited remote access to information we collect as necessary to enable them to provide certain important functions.
For Legal ReasonsWe may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the Platform, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the information we collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Platform, to exercise or defend any legal claims, and comply with any applicable law.
- You may be able to control some of the information we collect through your device browser settings to refuse or disable cookies. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable Cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable Cookies, so you may need to separately disable Cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all of the requested services.
- If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
Data Security and Retention
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
The retention periods are different depending on different criteria, such as the type of information and the purposes for which we use the information. For example, when we process your information such as your profile information to provide you with the Platform, we keep this information for as long as you have an account.